Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Event: Project Based Learning in Preschool Hangout on Air 11/6/14 2:00p EST



Join us as we discuss teaching Preschool through the lens of PBL in a Spanish immersion environment using Google Hangouts on Air and YouTube!

To RSVP and be reminded visit the Google+ Event Page.



Our Panelist

Suania Sarraga was born and grew up in Puerto Rico receiving her BA in Education with a major in biology from the University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras campus. While earning my Bachelors degree I worked as an assistant in AlaCiMa, a program that trains public school teachers in science and math using the PBL methodology. She graduated from college with a 3.9 average in June 2008 and started working as a teacher in K-4 “Angel David College” where she taught all subjects. She moved to Dallas Texas in 2010, and began taking ESL classes to further her career as an educator.

Suania started working as a Preschool Spanish teacher at Spanish House in August 2010. Spanish House added an elementary school and shifted from a traditional preschool to an authentic experiences and inquiry based program that uses the PBL methodology.  She notes, "The transition was extremely challenging but after three years, with lots of support and guidance I have come out on the other side a better educator. Having an in-house support and leader who pushed me to make the necessary changes in my teaching practices allowed me to take risks and feel safe about it, without that I am not sure I would have stuck with it. I am now a mentor teacher and am beginning my journey as a trainer."


No comments:

Post a Comment